The "Petrissage" is a traditional Swedish massage maneuver which involves the use of specific movements between " dough” and the “pinch” in order to stimulate the muscles and oxygenate the tissues.
It is a really simple but extraordinarily effective massage capable of giving the face a true lifting effect natural and a firm and luminous appearance skin.
We mentioned the Swedish massage, but what is it about?
It is defined Swedish massage the c. d "classic" massage western characterized by the execution of precise body manipulations with more or less high intensity. Among the main techniques we mention:
- Swipe: manoeuvre light and relaxing, generally performed at the beginning and end of treatment which allows you to become familiar with the body, preparing it for the phases following.
- Friction: compared to the first, it acts more deeply with the aim of improving muscle elasticity and the circulation.
- Ikneading: consists of a squeezing of the muscles and serves to improve circulation, eliminate toxins and promote tissue oxygenation.
- Percussion: consists of performing a series of small, fast, rhythmic blows to promote vasodilation and muscle contractility.
WHAT IS PETRISSAGE
A kneading of the body which consists in grasping small parts of muscle tissue with the hands. The movement is similar to that used when kneading, a sort of "roll-release".
On the face, with Petrissage, the skin returns compact, relaxed and radiant.
The "Petrissage" works on the tissues and in particular along the path of the wrinkle. This treatment is especially effective for mature, tired and devitalized skin. Let's list the advantages:
- OXYGEN SKIN
- STIMULATES THE CIRCULATION
- EXPELS THE TOXINS
- GIVE IT ELASTICITY TO THE SCALP
- RELAX THE MUSCLES
HOW IT WORKS
Perform small pinches quickly and at close range using the thumb and forefinger of both hands.
Pinching is not an end in itself: you take the muscle bands and tend to detach the skin to reactivate circulation and oxygenate the area.
The pressure must be strong but not painful repeating the procedure at least 10 times for each area:
FRONT - Start from the eyebrows and pinch the base of the nose with a single hand and then go up with both hands up to the hairline. Then continue crosswise.
EYES - Pinch the skin of the eyebrow arch up to the temples and then move on to the orbital area with more delicate manoeuvres.
MOUTH - Proceed with mixing the nose and lip lines and the lip contour.
CHEEKS - Move to the cheekbone area starting from the center outwards.
CHIN - Scrolli along the contour of the face, pinching up to the ears.
NECK - Finish by kneading the neck and décolleté.
Before starting, remember to apply a moisturizing oil to glide effectively along the tissues.
The immediate and evident effect of Petrissage is a bright redness of the skin which demonstrates the load of blood and oxygen drawn to the area. the following video is proof of that. = )
You just have to try this easy technique for a natural and illuminating facelift at the touch of a pinch!
Chiara Bonel - Natural entrepreneur & holistic-sports massage technician