Cupping (Cupping in English) is a beauty treatment that stimulates blood circulation and drains liquids through the use of cups of various sizes to be applied to the body and face.
It takes its name from the instrument it uses: the cups which, through the suction effect, activate the lymphatic system and restore energy to the body.
WHAT IS IT
Cupping is an ancient technique used by traditional Chinese medicine that combines lymphatic drainage with suction massage (“vacuum”) through the use of cups.
The original method involves the use of cups glass, heated inside with the flame of a candle. Applied on specific points of the body, they produce decongestant and detoxifying effects thanks to the air pocket that is created with the skin.
In recent years, an alternative has become very popular: silicone cups . Easily purchased online, the suction effect here is no longer obtained "by heating" but by compressing them with the fingers. For self-massage of the face the following are usually adopted:
The suction obtained by Cupping helps lift the soft tissue by stimulating the blood circulation and promoting the drainage of the lymph nodes. As a result:
- tissues receive a fresh surge of oxygen
- cell waste and toxins are eliminated
- i liquids in excess are drained
- the muscles of the face relax
- wrinkles are smoothed out
- headaches and migraines subside
Following the treatment, red-violet spots may form in the areas where the cups are applied (which however disappear in a few days).
Cupping is not recommended in case of:
- fragile capillaries
- tendency to develop bruises easily
- damaged skin or presence of skin rashes
- consistent acne
HOW IT WORKS
- Remove make-up and clean the skin with warm water
- Lubricate the area to be treated with a thin layer of oil
- Perform a massage to warm up tissues
- Start cupping starting from the area neck and décolleté.
How? Squeeze the cup between your fingers. Place it on the skin to create the vacuum (vacuum effect). Make it adhere and slide with your fingers from bottom to top o from the center outwards and at the end of the journey, detach it from the skin.
Depending on the area to be treated, choose the right cup:
- S: Forehead, Cheekbones, Cheeks, Chin, Neck, Décolleté
- XS: Eye contour, lip contour, lips, nose
Face: 4/6 minutes
Package: 2 minutes
Décolleté: 2 minutes
* Do not exceed 10 minutes
The effects of the massage are generally seen after a few hours or the following day, the face will appear more radiant.
- It is recommended to start the treatment with 3 sessions a week taking care not to stress the skin too much.
- Traction must not be painful (use a smaller cup if it happens).
- Do not contract your muscles or clench your teeth during the massage.
- To optimize the removal of toxins, after treatment, hydrate yourself to the maximum by drinking plenty of water o
Try yourself to cupping!
Chiara Bonel - Natural entrepreneur & holistic-sports massage technician